Sunday, August 25, 2019

Vogue Parody - 73 Questions

1.What’s your usual Starbuck’s order?

I used to order grande French Roast or Italian Roast, until I started saving money by buying the grinds and brewing at home.

2. What does your workstation look like?

I don't work in an office. It looks an awful lot like a place to relax. Can't say more, but I bust my ass there.

3. Favorite food?

Cheeseburger medium rare. Homemade salad (I do make a kick ass salad). Lasagna is near the top of the list. 

4. Favorite author?
Absolute favorite of all time is Ken Follette's historical fiction!

5. What do you think of open relationships?

I'm sure they work for some, but I secretly harbor the wish to be a man's one and only.

6. What is your favorite video game?



I used to dig Centipede and Galaga

7. Guilty Pleasure Food?

I don't feel guilty about chocolate 

8. Favorite movie?

The Harry Potter series, Memoirs of a Geisha, and The Matrix Trilogy are in my top 5.

9. Favorite book?

For personal development: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
For entertainment: Pillars of the Earth

10. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter! What's Instagram?

11. Desktop or laptop?

Laptop

12. Best advice you’ve ever received?

Take it all in stride (Thank you Scott)
They can't eat you (Thank you Woody)

13. What project are you working on right now?

Nothing. Work is all consuming. In Sept, I'll go over my beta readers' notes and see what changes my manuscript calls for. I have a secret career-related project, and notes for two short stories. I have feedback on an essay, so I'll go through that to tighten it up and seek publishing in literary journals.

14. Favorite color?

Purple, and red, and black.

15. Did you get good grades in school?

Up until high school

16. Dream job?

That's part of my secret career related project. That plus fiction writing. 

17. Play any sports?
Does typing at my laptop count?

18. Do you have a degree?

No

19. Nationality?



USA

20. What is your favorite kind of blog post?

I've enjoyed topics on taking care of mental health, ongoing stories, tips on writing craft. It has to be real, either heartfelt or thoughtful

21. What do you like to collect?

books, coffee mugs and magnets

22. Describe yourself in three words?

Short, fat, philosophical

23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?

Lost in Thought or maybe Mental Maze

24. Who is the last person you DMed?
(HI JOAN) Mackenzie Littledale! Here’s a shout out to Mack!
Last DM in Twitter was to Diego Lomax when I started drafting this. Now, Phebe Lawson

25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?

To move into an apartment with a yard and a washer/dryer.

26. Sorting house?

Gryffindor

27. How many tattoos do you have?

Zero

28. What are you most grateful for this year?

So grateful to have money for the food I enjoy, to provide a home for myself and my cat, a super busy promo period at work that I can count on, an upcoming vacation to Atlanta, making new friends on Twitter, feedback from beta readers (overall so far "great manuscript") 

29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?


I took myself and my mom for a little mini spa day and the look on her face was priceless.

30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?

I have the day off work. I went to a different therapist and the session was really good. I actually woke up rested this morning.

31. What’s the best thing ever?

Chocolate, cats, purple and falling in love. 

32. Favorite season?

Fall, but I'm not up north anymore. 

33. Favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving. It's nice to hear what people are thankful for, and gratitude heals all wounds.

34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?



Hermione Granger. My hair is kind of wild and bushy, and I never hesitated to put my hand up first if I thought I knew the answer to a question. It was refreshing to see a super smart female in a position to help out and not be ridiculed for braininess.

35. Do you like surprises?

Only pleasant surprises.


36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?

When my niece announced she was pregnant.

37. Which surprise made you cry.

I can't remember the last time I cried. I'm gonna have to say the ending of Avengers: Infinity Wars
Plus, there are some inspirational moments on Twitter, like a writer named a character after me. That touched me deeply.

38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else?

I took my mom for her first facial and she couldn't get over how pleasant it feels to be pampered and treated like royalty. Honoring the divine feminine in ourselves is the best gift I could give any woman.

39. Do you like muffins?

Sure

40. Do you cook often?

Never. Hate it.



41. What’s your favourite dessert?

The one I can get my hands on fastest!

42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?

Anything with cooked raisins.

43. Cake or pie?

I want both.

44. What’s your least favorite food?

I won't eat off a plate that has anchovies on it

Really Joan? I like sardines.

45. What’s your favorite condiment?

Mayonaise

46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?

Reese's peanut butter cups

47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?

I'm actually creating a course (not college level) for newbies in my profession. Beyond that, it's a secret writing project

48. Best animated film?



Inside Out

49. What has a guy said or done to impress you?

Hmm. Some punk tried to pick me up with potato chips in his mouth. It left a negative impression.

50. Best thing to do on a first date?

Dinner and movies. I'd probably marry someone who took me to a Rage Room or jet skiing on a first date.

51. Worst thing to do on a first date?

Rest his hands on my legs like we know each other like that

52. What’s the best pick up line?

I've been enjoying your writing and I'd like to take you out, anywhere you'd like to go.


53. Best comic book character?



I'm not a fan of comic books
.

54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.

Whatever's in there is breaking my shoulder. It feels like gold bullion and I'd love to get my hands on it.

55. Favorite drink?

Non alcoholic: water, peach iced tea, Coke
Alcoholic: Cosmopolitan, Moscato, Bacardi and Coke, pina colada.


56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?

Michelle Obama

57. Kittens or puppies?

Why choose?

58. Favorite sushi roll?

Salmon roll, no avocado

59. What lipstick do you use?

L'Oreal

60. What foundation do you use?

None

61. Blow dry or air dry?

I let the salon work that out

62. Who is your fashion icon?

I haven't paid attention in ages!

63. Favorite Disney character?

Riley in Inside Out


64. What are you doing tomorrow?

Writing my daily vss365, Bravewrite and vsspoem on Twitter, then working

65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?

The Hangover and Super Bad.

66. Movie that made you cry?

Immortal Beloved

67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?

I'd spare the world that disaster

68. If your life was a song what would the title be?

Back in the Saddle

69. What’s your favorite animal?

Wild cats

70. Favorite illustrator?

No idea


71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?

Erinne Lansing, among many others

72. What country would you like to visit?

Italy.


73. Best way to decompress?

Writing, reading, music, spa day

2 comments:

  1. I love this post Mackenzie! It's great to learn more about you. I think my favorite answer is Hermoine Granger. Wish I'd thought of that!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Joan
    https://kindness-compassion-and-coaching.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.