Tuesday, October 8, 2019

On Writing - I'm in PRINT now

I ordered books and the package arrived. This in an of itself isn't news because it happens pretty often.

However, what sets today's delivery apart is it includes a paperback version of the VSS365 Anthology, and one of my flash fiction pieces is in it.

It's a profoundly humbling feeling to be included among so many talented writers who I admire. These are names you'll surely get to know as their careers keep reaching new heights.

For awhile, I'd gather my vss365 stories and post them to this blog, but just in case you didn't see any of them, I'll explain vss365.

Vss365 stands for Very Short Story 365 days a year. Every month there's a host who provides a prompt word for the day's write. Participants write a one-tweet story using that day's prompt word and add the hashtag vss365. This tradition was started by Mark A. King and the stories reach 250,000 reading tweeters every single day.

I shall say little more, except I encourage you to buy a copy. All proceeds benefit kids' literacy programs. The challenge of writing a compelling story with either imagery, prose, or a twist, with believable characters with only 280 characters (including spaces and punctuation) is so grueling, it may be a skill higher than novel writing, which is hard enough as it is. It is the tightest form of writing you can imagine.

Plus, it's perfect for readers with short attention spans.

Available on amazon for $8.72

Mackenzie
Make someone's day magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.