Thursday, February 6, 2020

On Writing - FUCK YEAH



I'm not known for clean language, particularly, so let me start off by saying

FUCKING-A



Image result for royalty free victory
(c) Deposit Photos
The adult fiction writers who were mentored in Pitchwars 2019 made fucking HISTORY. Every single entry got at least one agent interested enough to request more. Getting an agent's attention is hard. Getting them to take action is even harder. I wrote 17 pitch drafts before my mentor and I said, "Yeah, that one."

It's an absolute honor to be included with such ferocious talent. Determined writers who won't listen to anyone telling them they're not good enough, even when they're telling themselves that.

Not good enough? Keep writing.
Not talented? Keep writing.
No one is going to read my shit? Keep writing.

Because we are good enough for the here and now. Right here, right now.
We are talented. We don't have to be the most talented, we have to go the distance.
We take the scrapes, the bruises, the critiques, the bad weather, the naysayers. We blow past the whiners, the quitters, and the ones who won't try.

Fuck it, I'm going for it.


My day is perfect.

Make someone else's day magical!
Mackenzie

5 comments:

  1. I’m so happy for you! And I love how you take a win for you and encourage others! What an amazingly giving heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dizzy, thank you. Thank you so very much.
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Rebee!! I'm hoping to reach and inspire as many as my voice will reach.
      Mackenzie

      Delete

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.