Friday, July 17, 2020

Random Thought - Not so random. I'm talking about COVID-19

I've been stuck at home without work since the middle of March 2020 because of the coronavirus pandemic. That's four months.

Friends tell me their personal stories of how the virus has infected their loved ones. I stay home.

I've heard how a friend fretted over her brother because he caught Covid-19, spent fourteen days in an ICU ($240,000 bill), had to be quarantined at home for thirty days after that, and hasn't been the same since. He can't stand or walk for more than fifteen minutes at a time.

It's a hoax, some say.

I've heard how another friend fretted over her cousin who caught Covid-19 and spent time in the ICU, recovered, and caught the virus again.

It's a hoax, some say. I don't think so.

I saw a timeline on Facebook about a man whose friend said Covid-19 was a hoax. He went to a beach party, caught the virus and kicked the bucket the very next day. There is the mistaken idea that covid-19 doesn't affect the young. This is false. A friend who works in infectious disease control has seen youths/kids come into the hospital with the virus, and while they survive, they are not the same afterward.

It's a hoax, some say. I don't think so. I stay home.

I was talking to a cousin a few nights ago and her sister-in-law's brother died from Covid-19. I put on my mask the next day and went grocery shopping to get Milo's treats. I don't go anywhere outside without my mask on. After I touch door handles, I sanitize my hands. Over and over, every single time.

Tonight I saw a headline that my county just got a surge of 10,000 new cases in the past week, so the county mayor enacted a curfew effective until August 1st. I don't do any grocery shopping after 11:00pm anyway, so I'm fine with a curfew.

Some say it's a hoax. I don't think so. I stay home.

I do, however, feel trapped. Not because of the curfew, but because of the unsubstantiated argument that this is a federal power grab, a conspiracy, an infringement on individual liberties.

That's not the point in the slightest. This pandemic is a global threat to public health. The government has powers vested in it to address situations like this, and they are exercising them. These anti-government protesters wave their rifles, and threaten the health of everyone in close proximity, because they're "FREE". Wear a mask or suck on a ventilator for two weeks and bankrupt yourself into the next lifetime. Hard head make for a soft behind, that's all I know.

Put on your 😡mask in public. 
And wear it properly - over your nose and mouth. Ffs








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.