Wednesday, March 20, 2019

RANDOM THOUGHT - Self-Control, Innocent Lives, and Parasites

Of all random thoughts, this may be the most random.

I spend way too much time on Twitter, but I still get things done. A question was posed about what we control. This question goes back many centuries, perhaps even before the Stoics. While it's perfectly obvious that we don't control external events, even though we want to, we almost don't even control ourselves. Add in the subconscious to the mix of influences, and we become beyond anyone's control, even our own.

When we act impulsively or reflexively, we're basically operating from the crocodile brain. This may serve us well in fight or flight circumstances, but not at all when dealing with loved ones or coworkers or clients/customers. 

We can practice mindfulness and meditation and written exercises and dream analysis to grow our awareness of triggers. I have more than a chapter in my WIP dedicated to getting aware of triggers and stopping reflex and going toward conscious responsiveness.  It was hard, but so fucking worth it in the end.

Those who are not taking ownership and responsibility for their own lives but feed off the kindness of strangers are parasites.  I'm talking about people who abuse gofundme. A certain fellow ex-Jehovah's Witness joined a private online group, chatted a bit, complained about his life circumstances, asked for money and promptly left the group.

This left a bitter taste in my mouth, to be perfectly honest.  I thought the group would be supportive, but not used as crutches.

Whether the Jehovah's Witness way of thinking to rely on God to solve all our problems fed into his parasitical approach to social media is beyond the scope of my knowledge, but I can speculate.

I'd sooner donate my money to save animals. They are innocent lives and are not parasites the way some humans can be.

Once you free your mind, the Matrix becomes your playground, not prison.

royalty free image


That is all.

Be well and have a magical day!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.