Tuesday, July 23, 2019

On Writing - 2 wins

It's not for me to tell a writer why she writes. If she wants to be published or writes for her own enjoyment, the decision either way is solid and she validates it on her own terms.

For many years, I wrote for my own pleasure.

That changed.

I now write privately for my pleasure but also in hopes of being published.

I'm already published. One win for me!

An article I wrote based on an interview of a Somatic Bodyworker named Oscar Trujillo appears in Conscious Life Journal
http://mobilemagz.com/flipbooks/atlanta/beautyandhealth/consciouslifejournal/12.20.2018/21/

Fiction-wise, one of my #vss365 stories got accepted for inclusion in an upcoming anthology! Two wins for me!

I have a poem under consideration right now for an astrology related anthology and they should give word soon.

The MC of This Darkness is Mine, "Michelle Delphinia" wrote a compelling essay with a psychological and spiritual interpretation of The Wizard of Oz and The Wiz. I'm seeking a home for this essay in a university literary journal.

Before my short story can win a competition, I have to submit it. Before I submit it, I have to write it.
This is the writer's life. Not to be envied, and not to be taken lightly. We are a bit crazy, often solitary, but always searching for that word. Even though English is made up of roughly 40,000 words, sometimes even English leaves us flat, and we have to borrow from other languages for the perfect conveyance of meaning or feeling.

I love it!

Mackenzie

Make someone else's day magical!

#OnWriting
#Published
#WhatsNext

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.