Sunday, September 2, 2018

PESCETARIAN SATURDAY - Can a Steakhouse do Salmon?

Since Longhorn was such a pleasant experience, I wondered if the steakhouse had any expertise with fish.  The short answer is HELL YEAH!

My server asked if I'd like honey wheat bread.  Do not under any circumstances turn down this offer.  Their bread is amazing.  And this photo is all I have left of it (LOL)




I ordered the Longhorn salad with marinated salmon.  Just as a word for those on low sodium diets, all you have to do is ask them to use salmon without the marinade and get oil and vinegar for the dressing, and the sodium is virtually non-existent.

While the fish was cooked a minute longer than I'd prefer, it was still moist and juicy, and the flavor was fantastic!  The toppings on the salad complemented the fish nicely, and it's very filling.


Not one to get locked in a rut, I opted for a non-chocolate dessert, just for a change of pace.  The key lime pie in a jar is perfectly tart, balanced with light whipped cream and a graham cracker crust.  It's yummy!


Even better than dessert was the conversation I had with the manager.  She was just as eager to please as the first manager I'd encountered.  When I said sometimes I try to go vegan, she said she'd happily agree to customize an order to accommodate.

Longhorn WANTS you to eat there - even if you have moral objections to a perfectly grilled steak once in a while.

#foodies
#pescetariansaturday
#Longhorn
#PlacesToEatHollywoodFL

Make someone else's day magical!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.