Sunday, August 19, 2018

DINNER FOR ONE WITH BIPOLAR

I have bipolar disorder.  I hate to cook for myself.  I'm not going to stop to think if the bipolar has anything to do with my disdain for cooking for one.  It's just a labor intensive endeavor and I eat so quickly, it hardly seems worth the effort.

However, being here to serve, it occurred to me that there are others who have bipolar and perhaps their bipolar keeps them out of the kitchen.  Let me be the one to turn you on to Trader Joe's.  Because of Trader Joe's I eat a hot meal that's easy.  Really, unbelievably easy.

Take tonight's dinner.

Snack - pretzel chips with tomato and basil hummus dip
Lobster ravioli drizzled with Spanish olive oil, vegan pesto and Romano cheese
French brioche with cream cheese and strawberry preserves
Glass of Moscato (not recommended with most meds but I'm on low dose and I'm fine)

This literally took me less than 10 minutes and the only skill necessary was boiling water and defrosting.  Defrosting takes time, but zero effort.

Snack - zero preparation, zero cooking.  My favorite kind of dinner

The lobster ravioli is already prepared and it's pretty.  Red and chamois striped pasta.  If I thought I was going to write a post about it, I would have taken a photo.  You just put it in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes.  Scoop it out with a sifter or a slotted spoon, drizzle with olive oil or butter and eat.  The ready-made vegan pesto and Romano cheese were optional.  That's about as experimental as I get in the kitchen. If it weren't for the fridge, I'd probably never go in there.

French brioche.  Defrost.  Eat.  Smear with preserves or jam or honey if you like.

Glass of Moscato.  I prefer it chilled, but I don't even think that's necessary.

One day, I'll count the calories and report back, but until then, just eat regularly.

I'm hoping that someone with any level of bipolar can manage this, so here's to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.