Tuesday, August 21, 2018

RANDOM THOUGHT - Dogs and Cows

I've seen plenty of posts on Facebook where American activists are pushing for Korea to give up slaughtering dogs.  I wonder if any American would taken an Indian seriously if they organized to push us to give up slaughtering cows.  While Kevin Spacey may have fallen from grace, I can't help but be moved by his portrayal of a vegetarian in K-PAX.


 






Different culture have different values.

I think torturing animals (and humans) is just plain wrong.  Even when hunting.  The idea is a quick kill with minimal suffering.  But if Americans knew how their burgers and bacon were treated when they were living animals, perhaps they'd be ASHAMED of the industrial farming machine.  It's just heartbreaking.  Animals have feelings and longings and personality.  One person I've heard of won't eat mammals, and perhaps that's a great rule for dining humanely.

That's just my opinion.  And I do love a good burger.  That's why I want to try Adina's at Gulfstream.  Farm to table type restaurant.  Grass fed cows.  I can't deny that predators on this planet eat other animals and humans are predators, but there's no moral reason to keep prey living in shitty conditions all the days of their lives.  So I'd like to try grass fed burger because the animals get to live their normal day to day grass-eating lives until it's time to be converted into dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.