Tuesday, August 21, 2018

PART TIME HALF ASSED VEGAN NOTES - For Women only

I hadn't considered being "vegan" during my time of the month.  I just wanted blood absorption without chlorine.  I found rayon-free, chlorine free pads and tampons at Target from a brand called "L" from Italy.  The packaging is superb.  You can't miss it on the shelves.

But today's search yielded vegan varieties.  I hadn't considered how many feminine hygiene products wind up in landfills or in the waterways.  All those chemicals toxify the environment (and they were touching our lady parts for how many hours every day for 5 days????)

I can't say I'll ever try menstrual cups or reusable period panties, but there are options, depending on how seriously you make your efforts.

The vegan woman says these 5 products will change your life.  Worth a try.

http://www.theveganwoman.com/green-period-5-eco-friendly-vegan-period-products-will-change-life/

4 comments:

  1. Who knew?! I do now! Too bad I have no need for these products anymore...wait, hallelujah! Seriously, great options for future generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? I'm looking forward to not needing these products ever again! I'll take the hot flashes I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another great post and for introducing me to The Vegan Woman! She graduated from the same program I did (T. Colin Campbell's Center for Nutrition certificate) and I'm now following her on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.