Saturday, August 11, 2018

RANDOM THOUGHT - Mexican Proverb

They tried to bury us.  They didn't know we were seeds.

(c) unknown.  Seen online



Who couldn't love that?

We all go through "it", whatever "it" may have been, could have been, would have been, will be.  Just remember that life is impartial most of the time.  We all get treated unfairly at least once in our lifetime.  We all get blamed for things we didn't do.  We all get off Scot free over things we really shouldn't have done in the first place.

What's left to do?

Just learn from it.  Tuck it away in the back of your mind and keep on growing upwards and outwards.

For example (this isn't me getting buried by anything other than guilt), I had a boyfriend once upon a time.  His mother told me in a joking sort of way that he used to want to grow up to be Annie Oakley.  It didn't occur to me that that was a sort of gender identity crisis and I didn't take it seriously.

Said boyfriend and I were on a double dinner date.  When he got up for the restroom, I told his (CO-WORKER friend) about the Annie Oakley thing.  They made fun of him when he returned to the table.  I thought it was hilarious, but my boyfriend was humiliated, and I couldn't understand why.  That's what happens when we're insensitive, and it wasn't until years later that I really got it, how I'd been a b*tch.  He couldn't turn his back on me for a second, which meant I was untrustworthy and lacked integrity.  When it hit me what I'd done, it was too late, and the guilt set in.

I could stay buried under the weight of my own guilt, or I could find out what it meant to have integrity, to be loyal even when I was left to my own devices, and grow upwards and outwards from that.  I'm under no obligation to stay stuck in my own darkness.  God's light within can shine and it's always a choice worth taking.

Make someone else's day magical!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you for leaving your thoughts.